- 1 Year = 360 Days (approximately)
- This is the time that it takes for the Earth to rotate around the Sun.
- 1 Turn = 360 Degrees = 4 Right Angles
- Half Turn = 180 Degrees = a Straight Angle
- PROTRACTOR : the instrument that is used to draw and measure angles.
- Where 2 Straight Lines cross, Vertical Angles are equal
- The sum of Supplementary angles is 180 degrees. (definition)
- The sum of Complementary angels is 90 degrees. (definition)
- An acute angle is < 90 degrees.
- An Obtuse angle is > than 90 degrees, but less than 180 degrees
- 90 degrees < Obtuse angle < 180 degrees.
|Parallel Lines (Geometry Part 1, Unit 2, Lesson 6)
- A regular Polygon has all its sides equal.
- To find the sum of the interior angles of a Polygon,
- divide the polygon into triangles and count how many there are, then
- multiply the number of triangles by 180 degrees.
- The sum of the External Angles of a Polygon = 360 Degrees.
- 3 sides - Triangle
- 4 sides - Quadrilateral
- 5 sides - Pentagon
- 6 sides - Hexagon
- 7 sides - Heptagon
- 8 sides - Octagon